Spas, Soaking Tubs & Saunas
Nestled within the walls of our spacious locker rooms are combinations of both western and eastern spa and sauna experiences. The benefits of our sauna therapy include detoxification, pain relief and control, immune system enhancement, weight control, stress reduction, elimination or reduction of cellulite, and skin cleansing and rejuvenation. In addition our spa;s and sauna;s assist in restoring the Water Up/Fire Down energy flow in our bodies which is the core principle of human health.
We offer complimentary towels, bathrobes, uniforms and a full spectrum of locker and rest room amenities to accommodate your needs and exceed your service expectations.Far Infrared Sauna
Infrared light is part of the sun's invisible spectrum. One of far infrared light's characteristics is the ability to easily penetrate human tissue.
The best example of infrared heat is the sun where 80% of the sunís rays are infrared. Far infrared therapy duplicates the healthy frequencies of our own cells. The rays deeply penetrate the body and create heat. The tissues absorb these rays as the water in the cell reacts in a process called resonant absorption. This causes toxins from the cells to be released into the blood stream and excreted through the bodyís elimination systems. The walls and ceilings of this sauna are covered in a healing mud found only in Korea that is rich with minerals and can sustain high temperatures without emitting toxic paint chemicals into the air.
You can be exposed to far infrared heat for hours and it will never cause your skin to burn. Far infrared heat is healthy and safe for all living things. In fact, it is so safe it is used in hospitals to warm newborn infants.Benefits:
- Detoxification/Metabolism: Far Infrared sauna's remove toxic* material from the human body through sweat and urine. This improves your metabolism.
- Improved blood quality: Blood quality improves due to the removal of toxins and an increase in oxygen levels.
- Skin improvements: Dust, dirt and make-up are removed from deep inside the layers of your skin.
- Joint pain removal: The far infrared light and dryness helps to reduce and/or eliminate joint pain.
- Soft heating effects: The soft heating effect of the sauna provides a long term benefit on your overall mental and physical condition.
*It is estimated that one in every four Americans suffers from some level of heavy metal poisoning, including mercury, lead, cadmium and aluminum. Toxins in the body also include chemical pollutants such as pesticides, DDT, PCB (polychlorinated biphenyls) and food additives. Drugs and alcohol also have toxic effects in the body.
Our blood contains 0.9% salt which helps to maintain the equilibrium in our nervous system. The light/salt sauna room generates the essence of the salt and light in our bodies. The saunaís walls are covered in natural salt blocks. The Light/Salt sauna generates healing benefits in a relatively low temperature hence you will be able to sweat and still be comfortable. This type of sweat is different from normal sweat as it is a result of a natural healing process which cleanses waste products and fats from the capillary vessels.
Heated Mec Granite Floors: Both floors of the sauna areas are made with a material imported from and found only in Korea called Mec Granite. This special natural stone contains over 40 minerals which create a healing effect that calms the nerves and strengthens the immune system.
A dry sauna is the only bath in the world in which both dry and damp air is present at the same time. It is the body's natural way to cleanse itself through perspiration. The high heat (average of 180-190F) and the low humidity (about 20%) provide an environment which promotes over all perspiration and deep cleansing of pores. The body's impurities are flushed away. Strong perspiration helps maintain clear, healthy skin and provides a rosy afterglow. Benefits include:
- Soothes and relaxes tired muscles.
- Relieves stress, and promotes a wonderful after sauna feeling of satisfaction and well being.
- The body's natural painkillers, beta-endorphins and nor-epinephrine's, are released to provide a feeling much like a runner's high.
- Blood circulation and the rate of breathing and your pulse rate increase.
- Saunas are like mild exercise or a cardiovascular workout for your heart as calories are burned during a session.
Steam can be an important part of any sauna experience. In some cultures, steam is essential to the sauna bathing experience. For example, some Native American cultures use the sweat lodge as a way to bathe and as a way to take part in rituals. The benefits include:
- Relaxation: The warmth and moisture created by steam saunas melts away stress and allows for a soothing and relaxing experience. Many people enjoy watching the steam in a sauna, an experience they find meditative and effective at quieting the mind.
- Perspiration: Steam Sauna's tend to generate more sweat which some people feel adds to the sauna experience.
- Cleansing: Steam saunas make many people feel cleaner, possibly because of the extra steam and moisture.
- Respiratory Disorders/Allergies: Steam saunaís can assist in the management of asthmatic conditions or allergies.
Alternating between different temperatures will strengthen your immune system, improve blood circulation and activate the excretion process for those with digestive issues. Start with taking a warm shower and then immerse yourself in our cold bath alternating back and forth between the hot and cold tubs for one minute each.Aromatherapy Bath
Soak away your stress in one of our seven herb fragrances from Kneipp products. Kneipp herbal bath products were developed and tested in cooperation with dermatologists and homeopathic doctors. Each bath remedy is derived from natural plant materials and there are no preservatives, paraffin, silicone or mineral oils. A variety of herb fragrances are rotated throughout the week which include Lavender, Juniper, Eucalyptus, Orange & Linden, Valerian, Melissa and Rosemary.